- In EBS one Open Interface may run many API calls.
- Open Interface run asynchronously.
- The good is that if there is failure of record, they remain in the table until either fixed or purged.
- They automate the interface into the APIs.
- This requires less work and less code as few SQL DML would simply .
- When there is no corresponding Open Interface.
- Normally all Oracle APIs run synchronously, and provide immediate responses, therefore machism to be provided to handle such situation.
- That requires custom error handling routine.
- This may requires lot more effort as these need fine grain control approach.
Remember, the APIs are also used by the front end screens, and in the same way, will require all the appropriate prerequisites to be implemented.
Important to note, you cannot use APIs as an alternative to implementation.